This week’s recipe is a make-ahead recipe that can be made into literally 6 bagillion dishes. I usually like to make a big batch of this dish, freeze half and leave half in the fridge to make meals all week.
While this week’s Quick Family Recipe is a sauce, you can use it to make a ton of easy dinners. Here are a few ideas:
- French Bread Pizza (or use Keto Bread)
- Portobello Mushroom Pizza
- Serve Over Pasta, Zoodles or Spaghetti Squash
- Use as a Topping for Pizza or Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Baked Subs
Like I said, the possibilities with this one sauce are really endless! You can also sub in ground turkey or extra veggies instead of meat if you are trying to give up meat during Lent.
It’s super easy to make, so let’s jump in the kitchen and get cooking together.
- Ground Hot Italian Sausage (if you can’t find hot ground sausage, buy it with the casing and then just cut the casing off)
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Jar of Your Favorite Spaghetti Sauce
- Olive Oil
French Bread Pizza –
- 1 Loaf French Bread
- 12 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 Bag Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Batch of Italian Sausage Sauce
How to Make Sauce:
- Dice your green pepper and onion. I like to chop everything up for this sauce, so every bite is bite-sized.
- If you bought Italian sausage in casings like I did, slice the sausages down the casing and pull off the casing.
- Place peppers and onions in fry pan with a Tbsp of olive oil.
- Add ground Italian sausage. Chop it up and mix in with onions and peppers as it cooks.
- Once cooked through, add jar of your favorite sauce.
- That’s it! Now you can use the sauce to make whatever you want. See article at top of this recipe for ideas and see below for my French Bread Pizza recipe. Pour into airtight container and place in fridge to use this week or freeze to use later.
French Bread Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice French bread loaf into 4 slices.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of each slice.
- Place 3 pieces of provolone on each slice.
- Ladle Italian sausage sauce over the top of each slice.
- Evenly sprinkle an entire bag of mozzarella cheese over the top of each slice.
- Bake for 15 minutes until bread is crispy.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler loves that this is a make-ahead recipe that she can keep in the fridge. Ellis loved that there were a few low carb options he could also make with this recipe. We always love to see your family enjoying these recipes. Share your pictures and let us know how these recipes turned out for you on our Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com