Whether you call it a scramble or a hash, this breakfast idea will help you never waste your leftovers again and have your family celebrating that they don’t have to keep eating the same meal over and over again. AND, this meal literally take 5-10 minutes to make from start to finish!
This dish literally uses all your leftovers…fries, mashed potatoes, veggies, steak, sausage…whatever you want to use and have extra of in the fridge. My momma always made this one the morning after Christmas using the leftover mashed potatoes and Christmas ham.
It’s literally 4 ingredients and you have one of the best breakfasts you’ve ever had, and it helps you sneak in more of those leftovers that the family gets tired of eating! 🙂 The one I’m making below was leftover potato wedges that we had from Publix when we had subs for dinner two nights ago and the Kielbasa came from last night’s dinner. Seriously, this dish is so easy to make and flexible to whatever you’ve got.
Let’s get started…
- 2-3 Eggs Per Person
- Chopped Protein (Christmas Ham, Italian Sausage, Breakfast Sausage, Kielbasa, Steak…anything you can think of to use!)
- Small Spoonfuls of Mashed Potatoes or Cut Up Leftover Fries (or sub in Parsley Potatoes if you are making this as a leftover dish from Easter!)
- Chopped up leftover veggies
- Shredded Cheese
- Salt, Pepper and Olive Oil
How To Make It:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet pan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add your chopped up meat, potatoes and any veggies you may have leftover to the hot skillet and let it sizzle for as long as it takes to crisp up. Use a spoon or spatula to continue moving it around, so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of your pan.
- Meanwhile crack eggs in bowl and scramble with a fork. Add salt and pepper and continue to beat your eggs.
- When your meat and potato mixture has crisped up, move to side of pan, add a little more oil and pour in eggs. I usually move my heat to medium/low at this point.
- Use spatula and mix together the eggs, protein and potato mixture until eggs are cooked.
- Turn burner off and add shredded cheese to the top. Use spatula to mix in.
- Serve with hot sauce (and spicy mustard for Italian sausage or ham scrambles! ) and enjoy! 🙂
Let’s see your family in the kitchen making breakfast together! Share your pics on Ellis and Tyler’s Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com