Maybe you do this too, but my family is always looking for creative ways to serve holiday leftovers! This one wins…I actually don’t want to wait for leftovers and just make it for Thanksgiving.
It’s basically a holiday sandwich with leftover turkey, stuffing and cranberries, but the twist is you make it with canned crescent rolls and it’s delicious! It’s also beautiful and your friends and family will be super impressed when you serve this dish.
I also love that you can use deli turkey, box stuffing and canned cranberries, so if you ever have a craving for Thanksgiving comfort food, you can make this dish any time of the year!
Let’s get cooking together…
- 2 Cans Crescent Rolls
- Leftover Turkey Slices (or 2/3 lb of Deli Sliced Turkey)
- Leftover Stuffing (or 3/4 Box of Stovetop Stuffing)
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Egg
- Sea Salt and Thyme
- Optional: Leftover Gravy for Dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking sheet (I use a pizza pan), lay out individual crescent rolls to form a ring, overlapping them at the base.
- Add turkey around the circle along the base of the dough.
- Add stuffing around the circle.
- Finally, add cranberry sauce around the circle.
- Pull the top of the triangle of the crescents over the meat, stuffing and cranberries and tuck in underneath at the base forming a ring.
- Crack one egg into a bowl and mix together with a fork. Brush egg wash on all parts of the dough.
- Sprinkle sea salt and thyme over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot and with gravy to dip it in.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler was so impressed by this idea for leftovers. She couldn’t wait to make it! This may just be a new favorite for everyone in your family, too! If it is, we’d love to see pictures! Share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com