My sweet mom always gets up and makes this egg scramble for us every time we visit. Over Christmas vacation I realized she was spending so much time chopping each morning. That’s when I had the idea to chop it all up for her at once and split into separate bags!
Now, on Sunday afternoon, I chop up everything into my bags for the busy week ahead. Every morning of the week I’m able to dump a bag into the frying pan, mix up my eggs, pour them in, add the cheese and I have a full hot breakfast on the table in less than 10 minutes. I use a nonstick pan, so there’s really not a lot of mess to clean up!
This has been my favorite meal to make every morning of this New Year. It’s low carb, healthy and keeps us full pretty much all day! It’s also faster and cheaper than stopping in the drive-through.
P.S. If you get tired of the same old meat and veggies, switch it up. Just have everything prepped ahead of time, so you can just dump your bag into the frying pan and go.
Let’s get cooking together…
- 1 Package of Kielbasa
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4 Ziplock Bags
- 20-24 Eggs
- 1 Package of Shredded Cheese
- Dice up your kielbasa sausage and split evenly into 4 different bags.
- Dice up your green pepper and split evenly into 4 separate bags.
- Dice up your onion and split evenly into 4 separate bags.
- Place bags in fridge till ready to use.
When ready to make –
- Pour a splash of olive oil in bottom of nonstick pan and dump one of the bags into the frying pan over medium high heat.
- Continue to mix around so it chars, but doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- While meat and veggies are frying, you have enough time to crack 5-6 eggs and mix them together with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over frying pan when meat and veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Continue to scrape eggs around in pan, so they never stick. It creates the egg scramble.
- Take off heat and add shredded cheese over the top. Mix it in and let it melt.
- Serve with optional hot sauce over top and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis who is trying to eat low carb and Tyler who is always looking for ways to work ahead loved this recipe! We’d love to see pictures of your family enjoying these recipes! Share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com