I recently made a meal for a friend, and when I do, I always make an extra batch for my family! Somehow I made way to many mashed potatoes! So I decided to try old fashioned mashed potato cakes, and oh my, did they turn out amazing!
It doesn’t matter what mashed potatoes you make… from scratch or instants, you just need 2 cups of them for this recipe!
I know extra mashed potatoes may not happen often in your family, but tuck this week’s Quick Family Recipe away for when it does, or make an extra batch of mashed potatoes! 🙂 These are perfect to share for breakfast or make for dinner!
Let’s get cooking together…
- 2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Optional Toppings: Sour Cream or Apple Sauce
How to Make:
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, flour, egg, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix together and combine well.
- On the stove, heat olive oil in a frying pan between medium and high heat.
- When it starts to sizzle, add heaping spoonful dollops of the mashed potato mixture to your hot frying pan.
- Let cook until a crust forms. You’ll know this has happened when you are able to slide a spatula underneath to flip.
- Flip and allow the other side to cook. No need to press down, as both sides cook, the dollop will naturally flatten on its own to become a cake.
- Try to keep everything the same size, so they will cook more evenly.
- Serve hot with sour cream or apple sauce to top with!
- Enjoy! 🙂
I loved sharing these with Tyler because it’s such an easy recipe and she knows she can make them herself! We’d love to see your family enjoying our Quick Family Recipes! Share your pics with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com