This week’s Quick Family Recipe is Mexican Chicken Lasagna. You can use shredded chicken or sub in ground taco beef if you like.
I’m always looking for new healthy dishes to make for my family! I’m super happy I found this one. If your family is low carb, switch in low carb tortillas instead of regular tortillas and this is the perfect meal for you! Corn tortillas will hold up the best recipe.
I love this recipe because it can also be a make-ahead recipe. I make a double batch of the shredded chicken in the crockpot while I’m at work. I’ll usually make taco salads that night. After dinner, I put this lasagna dish together and stick it in the fridge. Dinner is ready in 30-45 minutes after getting home the next night with no mess, set up or hungry waiting. 🙂
Let’s get cooking together…
- Cooked Shredded Chicken – Click here for Carol’s Crockpot Salsa Ranch Chicken Recipe (3-4 Chicken Breasts, 1 Packet Taco Seasoning, 1 Packet Ranch Seasoning and 2 Cups of Your Favorite Salsa)
- 12-18 Small Tortillas
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Can Green Chiles
- 1 Tub Sour Cream
- 1 Can Enchilada Sauce
- 2 Bags Shredded Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Shredded lettuce, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, diced jalapeños, diced onions, black olives and/or tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce along bottom of a 9×13 pan. It will help your lasagna not to stick.
- Place 6 tortillas along the bottom of the pan.
- Layer the shredded chicken, black beans, green chiles.
- Ladle on enchilada sauce.
- Spoon on sour cream over top.
- Top with cheese.
- Layer 6 more tortillas over the top and layer again, just like you did on the last layer.
- Optional: Add another 6 tortillas over the top and ladle on enchilada sauce. Cover with cheese if you have space. I left this step off mine.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Let set up for a few minutes when it comes out of the oven.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler already loved the crockpot chicken and can’t wait to make this one for her family. We’d love to see pictures of your family enjoying this dish. Share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com