It’s back to school and Tyler asked our Z88.3 Mornings Facebook friends about healthy snacks. Our Facebook friend Marisol said they should ask the resident foodie, Carol. So, I am here for you Marisol…challenge accepted! 🙂
This week’s Quick Family Recipe is beyond quick and easy and only uses 3 simple ingredients. It’s perfect for our gluten-free friends, just use gluten-free oats. Perfect for our but allergy friends, just don’t use any nuts. It’s just a fun snack to pop in a lunchbox, grab for a quick breakfast or have ready when the kids get home from school!
Let’s get baking together…
- 2 Bananas
- 1.5-2 Cups of Oats
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Optional: Mini Chocolate Chips, Coconut, Nuts, Dried Fruit.
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the 2 bananas.
- Add 1 cup of oats along with cinnamon. Mix together. If the batter is too wet, continue to add oats. My batch needed 2 cups of oats for the right consistency.
- Add whatever mix-ins you would like. I added a handful of mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop out onto an oiled cookie sheet or one with wax paper…I use my baking stones. 💕
- Bake for 15 minutes if you like them chewy…20-25 minutes if you like them more on the crunchier side.
- Let them cool just a little bit before serving. Keep whatever bites you aren’t eating right away in the fridge.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler loves that these were healthy snacks she could make with her kids! We’d love to see your family enjoying this recipe, too. You can share your pictures on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com