We made it through Christmas! I hope your holiday was filled with lots of yummy food and great memories!
If you are still needing some help with leftovers, don’t forget that we made leftover scramble and turkey pot pie together in the weeks leading up to Christmas. Just click on each recipe name and it will take you to the recipe page to help you create fun meals with the rest of those Christmas leftovers!;)
It’s hard to believe that we are already looking forward to New Years! That means a fun night filled with fun food and appetizers…whether you keep it small with family or big with tons of friends! My momma loves brie, so we always look for fun appetizers to make with brie. This one we learned from one of those home cooking Pampered Chef parties and it has been in our recipe book ever since.
There’s a couple of ingredients that you have to prep then you let the oven do the work. The whole thing including cook time takes less than 20 minutes, and I promise, you’ll be the talk of the party with this awesome recipe!
Let’s get cooking!
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded, plus I extra jalapeño for garnish
- 1/4 cup of your favorite jam (peach, apricot and marmalades…anything citrusy work best here)
- 1 Brie cheese round with rind (8 oz), room temperature
- 1 French baguette loaf
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coarsely chop pecans using with food chopper or knife.
- Chop jalapeño using food chopper or knife.
- In a small bowl, combine jalapeño and jam; mix well.
- Cut Brie in half horizontally like layers of a cake.
- Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of baking dish, cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Spread half of the jalapeño/jam mixture evenly over bottom half of Brie.
- Top with half of the chopped pecans.
- Place remaining half of Brie, cut side up on top.
- Spread remaining jalapeño jam mixture over Brie and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Cut baguette into angled slices and arrange baguette slices around Brie.
- Drizzle bread slices with olive oil.
- Optional: For a simple, but fun garnish, slice a jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise. Brush cut surface with jam and place next to Brie before baking.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before using a spreader to serve.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler would love to see your family’s New Year’s Eve pics…feel free to share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com