This is one of those recipes that is so easy to make, and makes everyone so happy! We’re making pepperoni pizza rolls, but you can really roll it with anything that you want. Ham and cheese is another fun option for this with a fun spicy mustard for dipping.
I grew up on these rolls at our favorite little pizza shop in downtown St. Cloud, Florida. I was allergic to cheese, so the owner would always make me a special one without cheese. You can do the same if you have any dietary restrictions in your family. If you’re low carb, consider rolling in a low carb tortilla instead and bake it for less time.
However you decide to make it, this recipe is just a fun twist on a traditional pizza night. You can pull the kids into the kitchen and make some fun memories making them together.
Let’s get cooking together…
• 1 Large Pizza Dough (or Canned Pizza Dough)
• Pizza Sauce
• 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
• Melted Butter or Olive Oil
How to Make:
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Roll out pizza dough into a rectangle.
• Spread out a couple tablespoons of pizza sauce evenly over rolled out dough.
• Lay out pepperoni in a single layer evenly over sauce.
• Sprinkle thin layer of shredded mozzarella over top.
• Start at front of pizza and roll towards back.
• Seal by pinching the seam and placing it seam side down on your baking sheet.
• Brush butter or olive oil over top.
• Top with cheese or your favorite Italian seasoning or leave plain. I sprinkled a bit of rosemary on it.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and roll is crispy.
• Slice and serve with extra pizza sauce or ranch for dipping.
• Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler is looking forward to jumping into the kitchen with her girls to make this one. Let us know if you try it, too! We always love seeing your pictures and hearing how it turned out for you on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com