This week’s Quick Family Recipe is brought to you by my need to eat healthy sometimes and still taste amazing, lol. 🙂 Spring is coming and I always look for fun dishes to make that are quick and easy. Well, pesto has it all! You can use it over chicken, noodles or to kick up your Caprese Salad like we are making today.
Not sure how you say it, but Ellis pronounces it capres-E, but I say it without the e on the end…tomato, tomato I guess lol. 🙂 However you say it, it’s delicious, and is a great dish to serve with our crockpot meatballs or the bruschetta we’ve made together. You can also use it to make the Caprese French Bread Pizza we made together a few weeks ago.
Let’s get cooking…well, tossing I should say, because there’s no actual cooking to this week’s recipe lol! You’ll just need a blender or food processor.
For Pesto –
- 2 Cups of Basil
- 1/2 Cup of Pine Nuts or Walnuts (Walnuts are definitely cheaper 😉 )
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan
- 1 Large Garlic Clove (or 2 Small Cloves)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
For Caprese Salad:
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella Ball
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
How to Make:
- In a blender or food processor, add your 2 cups of basil.
- Add your 1/3 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
- To it, add your 1/2 cup of walnuts or pine nuts
- Add 1 large clove of garlic (or two small cloves) (Please note in the picture I added 2 large garlic cloves (one cut in half)…way too much…like burn your mouth too much lol 😉 )
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper
- Pulse the ingredients 10-12 times.
- Turn blender or food processor on low and stream in olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Now you have pesto! Enjoy! 🙂
- Caprese Salad – Serve it over sliced fresh mozzarella and sliced Roma tomatoes to make your Caprese Salad. Crack fresh pepper and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Pesto Pasta – You can also take a few Tbsp of pesto and mix it together with cooked pasta. Sprinkle fresh grated parmesan cheese over the top and there’s a quick and easy dinner!
Now it’s your turn! Ellis and Tyler would love to see your family making pesto together, and we also want to see how you use it! You can share your pics on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com