With the holidays coming up quickly, I love to make homemade things to give as gifts to friends. Especially friends and family who host Thanksgiving and Christmas parties!
This week’s recipe is a quick favorite and makes about 7-8 ziplock bags full of party mix. It’s perfect to break up into small batches as a gift or serve in a large bowl at your own party!
The kids will get a math lesson out of the measuring and will be super proud that they made this gift themselves!
It’s definitely a fun one to make with the whole family, so let’s get cookin together!
- 1 Bag Microwave Popcorn (About 5 Cups Popped)
- 3 Cups Mini Pretzel Twists
- 2 Cups Dry-Roasted Salted Peanuts
- 2 Cups Oven-Toasted Rice Cereal Squares
- 2 Sticks Butter
- 1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions in the microwave.
- In giant mixing bowl, combine pretzels, popcorn peanuts and cereal.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir with bamboo spoon until mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue to cook without stirring for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Spray large baking sheet with non-stock spray.
- Evenly distribute mixture over baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven.
- Transfer popcorn mixture to large piece of wax paper to cool completely.
- Break mixture into clusters and bag up to give as gifts or serve immediately.
Tyler loved this recipe. I made her a bag of the party mix for her trip to New York. We’d love to see your family enjoying it together, too. Share your pics with Ellis and Tyler on their Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com