Maybe you’ve been seeing this crazy quarantine cookie recipe going around Facebook where you don’t need flour! Since we can’t find flour anywhere, I thought this would be awesome. I was definitely skeptical, so I decided to test it out for you. All in the name of helping lol! 🙂
Turns out this is actually an old tried and true recipe! My sister said she used to make it for her girls when they were little!
I gave it a try and they came out perfect! So I present to you the three ingredient peanut butter cookie for your family to make and enjoy together…
• 1 Cup Peanut Butter
• 1 Cup Sugar (Can also get away with 3/4 Cup of Sugar instead)
• 1 Egg
How to Make:
• Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
• In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, peanut butter and an egg.
• Mix together with a hand mixer (you can also do this step by hand, but it’s a lot harder).
• I used a scoop to evenly distribute dough. Place each piece in your hand and roll into a ball. The recipe says it will make 24…mine made 18.
• Use a fork to make those famous peanut butter cookie marks. Basically act like you’re making a tic tac toe board with your fork. It also helps to flatten the dough before baking.
• Bake for 10-12 minutes. I start checking at 8 minutes. The less time you leave them in, the chewier they’ll be. The more time you leave them in, the crunchier they’ll get. Remember, they continue to harden as they cool.
• Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis said he already had all three ingredients in his pantry and Tyler couldn’t wait to make these with her girls! We’re praying for you while you’re safe at home and hoping this recipe makes an awesome memory for your family. We’d love to see pictures…you can always share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com