It’s summertime, which means I do not like standing in my kitchen sweating, nor do I love heating up the house! 🙂 So, this week’s Quick Family Recipe is a favorite.
Sometimes we just have chips and queso for dinner and other times I’ll add taco beef to it. Either way, it’s super easy to make and makes a fun dinner the entire family will enjoy.
Let’s get cooking together!
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 Cup Pico or Salsa
How to Make:
(I usually use my electric fondue pot to make this recipe, so it stays warm. I made it on the stove for this recipe because I know not everyone has a fondue pot…either way, the trick to keep it on low heat when you are done and stir occasionally so it never sticks to the bottom. 🙂 )
- Over low heat in a pan on the stove, melt butter.
- Add flour to it constantly stirring, so it doesn’t burn. It will create a liquid paste.
- Add milk and keep stirring.
- When it begins to bubble, it will start to thicken.
- Add cheese and continue stirring.
- Add salsa at the end and stir all together. At this point you’ll have a beautifully thick queso.
- Use veggies or chips to dip into it.
- Serve right away and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and the rest of the Z loved it! It just has a fun bite, but not over processed! Have fun adding in your own mix ins…we’d love to hear about how it turned out and see your pictures! You can share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com