Fall is in the air! I don’t know about you, but it’s my favorite season. I watched a leaf fall from a tree and blow across the parking lot. It may have been because it was raining and windy, but I’ll take what I can get! 🙂
Your family may be carving pumpkins pretty soon, so this week’s Quick Family Recipe will give you the chance to use the seeds. If you’re like my family, we’ve always thrown them away, but not anymore! They make the perfect little crunchy snack that is perfect for fall.
If you like sweet, mix in pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar instead of the spice rub. I used my favorite bbq rub for a salty crunchy snack and now we’re obsessed! 🙂
Let’s get roasting together…
- 1 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Favorite Spice Rub
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop out seeds from pumpkin. Run water through them in a colander to separate the fibers from the seeds.
- Lay out your seeds on paper towels and allow them to dry. If in a hurry, pat dry as much as possible.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, spice rub and seeds. Shake to coat seeds.
- Lay out on pan and roast in oven for 15-20 minutes. Stir seeds about halfway through baking, so they don’t stick or burn to the pan.
- Serve warm and enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler were surprised at how good these were! We’d love to see pics of your family enjoying these Quick Family Recipes together! You can share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com