Tyler loves the New Year, because it’s a chance to refresh and start something new. This year she challenged me to make a few healthy recipes, so this is one of them! It’s time to kick off the new year with Zoodles! If you don’t know, let me introduce you! Zoodles are zucchini noodles cut into noodles.
Don’t worry, if you aren’t ready to commit to a machine, buy them already made at Publix. Get a taste for them and then buy another kitchen gadget! 🙂
I love this recipe because it’s super quick and so easy to make. Dinner is on the table in about 10 minutes…no joke! The best part about Zoodles is no waiting for water to boil and it doesn’t take a ton of time to cook like pasta. No matter what recipe you are making, Zoodles take about 2 minutes or less to cook…you’ll know if you overlook, because you will have a plate of mush!
One last HUGE thing before we get started…don’t add salt to your zoodles before or during cooking. It will draw the moisture out and you’ll have mush!
Let’s get cooking together…
- 6-8 Cups Loosely Packed Fresh Zoodles (Zuchini Noodles)
- 1 lb Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Diced
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 – 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- Optional: Shaved Parmesan Cheese
How to Make:
- In a frying pan, add 2 Tbsp of butter and 2 Tbsp of olive oil together. Add your sliced or diced garlic.
- Allow to heat up and add a single layer of shrimp to the frying pan.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice from 1/2 lemon over shrimp and add your parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Toss shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side until pink and no longer opaque. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Add more olive oil to the frying pan. Optional: Add 2 more tbsp of butter here, too.
- Dump fresh Zoodles in and use tongs to coat. Add juice of other half of lemon. Cook for about 2 minutes until Zoodles start to soften.
- Add shrimp back to the top and sprinkle lemon zest over top.
- Serve topped with fresh saved Parmesan Cheese.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler would love to see your family eating healthy together! Share your pictures on the Z88.3 Mornings Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com