Cold nights and game days call for my momma’s skillet Cornbread. This is a favorite to make with chili in my house! It’s super easy…I mean less than 5 minutes to put together. The hard part is remembering to make it in enough time to throw in the oven for an hour! 🙂
The kids will love making this. I jumped in the kitchen with my 4 year old niece and she made the entire thing for me! You should have seen her face light up when everyone applauded for her when it came out of the oven!
I hope this week’s Quick Family Recipe brings you as much joy as it does to my family! 🙂 Let’s get cookin…
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- 1 Stick Melted Butter
- 1 Can of Creamed Corn
- 10 oz Jiffy Mix (A little more than just one box)
- 1 Can of Green Chile’s (Drained)
- 1 Package Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, Melted Butter, creamed corn and Jiffy Mix.
- Use fork to stir ingredients together.
- Using a cast iron skillet or oven safe baking dish, pour half the corn bread mixture into oven safe pan.
- Pour whole can of green Chile’s evenly over top.
- Spread half bag of cheese evenly over top.
- Pour remaining corn bread batter over top.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Place in oven for 50-60 minutes. We found with a skillet, it cooks faster than in a Pyrex dish. This will not be a firm cake or bread, but more like a scoopable corn bread.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
- Next week we’ll be making chili together… and this is the perfect dish to serve together with it!
Ellis and Tyler would love to see your skillet cornbread… just share your pics on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com