Maybe you remember Deano from Z88.3 Afternoons back in the day! Well he’s also a pretty good cook, and is famous around the Z for two particular recipes… Crockpot Queso and and Sloppy Joes!
While locked down for Hurricane Dorian, he finally gave up his secret recipe, so that I could help him make it. That way he could stay focused on the weather! He did give me permission to share it with all of you, after a little bit of begging on my part! 🙂
This is the perfect recipe for game day parties! You can make ahead then dump in the crockpot the day of the party!
Let’s get cooking together…
Ingredients (For Every 1 lb of Meat):
- 1 lb of Ground Sirloin
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Packet Sloppy Joe Mix
- 1 1/4 Cups of Water
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
How to Make:
- In a large pan on the stove over medium heat, add your ground sirloin. Sprinkle a hefty amount of onion and garlic powder along with pepper and about 10 dashes of tabasco sauce per pound of meat.
- Brown meat.
- To your pan, add in a packet of sloppy joe mix, 1 1/4 cup of water and 6 oz can of tomato paste per pound of browned meat.
- Transfer to an airtight bowl and refrigerate until party.
- Pour into crockpot and leave on low until the meat is warm and ready to serve. Keep crockpot on warm, so that the sloppy joe mix doesn’t burn to the sides.
- Serve with buns for sandwiches, or make it a dip and add cheese over the top. If serving as a dip, bake to melt cheese, and serve with veggies and chunks of sourdough bread.
Tyler and Producer Sierra love these Sloppy Joes and can’t believe I got Deano to share it! There’s a lot of special memories surrounding this recipe. We hope your family enjoys it just as much, and we’d love to see pictures of your family enjoying this recipe. You can share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com