With the holidays coming up, I’m always looking for super easy side dishes to make that look fun and fancy on the table! Since we made the Cranberry Brie Ring together last week, I thought I’d share this fun recipe this week to use up the rest of the Brie cheese!
This is a nice warm side dish that kind of makes itself once you get it into the oven, so you can be working on the rest of the meal while your potatoes roast.
They can also make cute little appetizer bites for those upcoming Christmas parties… put them out on the table and let people pick them up and enjoy!
Let’s get to smashing potatoes together…
- 1 Bag of Small Yellow Potatoes, Washed
- 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil (or Melted Butter)
- 2 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Ring of Brie Cheese
- Optional: Fresh or Dried Parsley to Sprinkle Over Top at the End
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash potatoes and throw them in a mixing bowl. Add Olive Oil, Rosemary, garlic salt and pepper.
- Place lid on bowl and shake till well distributed.
- Place on pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes (or throw on the grill, like I did, if you are making dinner out there anyway) and cook till fork tender.
- On baking sheet, use the bottom of a small round bowl or muddler to smash potatoes.
- Add a generous wedge of Brie cheese to the top of each potato. (My slices were too thin, so it was creamy, but you could barely taste it.)
- Bake on 375 for 10-12 minutes until cheese is perfectly melted.
- Serve hot and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler loved this recipe! We even got Producer Sierra, who doesn’t like vegetables, to love this recipe! We’d love to see pictures of your family enjoying these recipes. You can share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page!
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com