I love this week’s Quick Family Recipe, because it’s just as much fun as sitting around the campfire, except you get to make these in your kitchen, at home, in the air conditioning and BONUS, you don’t smell like a campfire afterwards. 🙂
Tyler thinks these actually taste better than real s’mores, and I would have to agree! It could be because of the graham cracker crust made with butter and confectioners sugar…Of course it’s going to taste better than regular old graham crackers! 😉 This is a fun dessert because it’s so easy to put together. Your kids can pretty much make the whole thing themselves and will be so proud to serve everyone their creation.
Let’s Get Baking…:)
Ingredients (Fills a 24 Mini Muffin Pan):
- 7 Whole Graham Crackers (Finely Crushed)
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Butter, Melted
- 4 Full Size Hershey Bars
- 12 Large Marshmallows
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag. Finely crush into crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter in a bowl using a fork. Make sure all the graham crackers have been mixed into the butter.
- Take a small spoon and scoop the graham cracker crust into the mini muffin pan.
- Press crumbs to form shallow cups. I use my Pampered Chef mini tart shaper, but you can also use a muddling stick or anything else that would help you form a cup. I dip the end in confectioners sugar and then barely press to form cup together. After it bakes, I go through again to form more of a cup.
- Bake 4-5 minutes until edges are bubbling.
- Break the candy bars into individual rectangles.
- Cut large marshmallows in half crosswise.
- Remove pan from oven and use tart shaper to form more of a cup.
- Place one chocolate rectangle into each cup.
- Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. You’ll want to place the marshmallows cut side down so the exposed sticky side doesn’t get all of your fingers. 🙂
- Return to oven and bake 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened.
- Remove from oven and use a spoon to remove each cup from the nonstick mini muffin pan. Place on cooling rack.
- They are delicious to eat warm right out of the oven or at room temperature. You can also pop in the microwave for 8-10 seconds to warm up just enough.
- If you want to get fancy, melt a candy bar down and dip the tops in chocolate or drizzle over the top. Place in fridge to set quickly. I’ve found this step is messy and extra work, so I usually leave this part off. 🙂 If you have a blowtorch, you can also brown the tops of each bite.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂
Ellis and Tyler would love for you to share your batch with them. They couldn’t get enough of the samples I brought in. 🙂 At least show us your pictures. You can share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com