Summertime in my family meant spending less time in the kitchen and more time making memories together!
This week’s Quick Family Recipe is literally 3 ingredients and will help your family make some sweet memories together over dessert.
I love this recipe because strawberries are always on sale this time of year, which makes this the perfect treat for those hot summer nights we have here in Florida!
You can make your own pie crust or buy store bought. You can also make a homemade graham cracker crust if you wanted something different. I love making my own homemade whipped cream to serve with it, too, but you can also save time and just buy it!
Let’s get baking together…
- 2 Boxes Strawberries
- 1 Tub Strawberry Glaze
- 1 Pie Crust
- Optional: Whipped Cream
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and cut strawberries into bite-size pieces.
- Add one bucket of strawberry glaze to a mixing bowl with cut up strawberries. Mix together with a spatula. Place in fridge.
- Roll out pie crust and place in 9-inch pie pan, pressing sides to form crust.
- Use a fork to create holes in the crust, so that air doesn’t get trapped in the crust.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Pour glazed strawberries into the crust.
- Place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- I usually use toothpicks to keep plastic wrap from ruining my pretty pies! 🙂
- Slice pie and top with whipped cream.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Tyler couldn’t believe there were only 3 ingredients in this pie! It’s so easy to make! We’d love to see your pictures of your family enjoying these recipes! Share them with us on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com