Happy Thanksgiving ya’ll! This week’s recipe is so easy, there’s no cooking! If you don’t cook, you can still make this dish or your kids can make this dish for you! You can bring them with you to the house who is hosting the holiday meal, or you can make them as an appetizer for your own party.
However you choose to make and serve them, they will be the hit of the party.
You can find all of these ingredients together in the deli/fresh veggie section…It was an easy find at Publix. The dates and the candied pecans are in the fresh nuts section in the fresh veggie area and the cheese is in the gourmet cheese area by the deli. You’ll want to use the Medjool Dates over the California Dates, because they are larger!
Let’s get stuffing together! 🙂
- Box of Pitted Medjool Dates
- Cranberry Cinnamon Goat Cheese Lot (Can also use the blueberry or regular goat cheese log)
- Candies Pecan (or any nut you like)
How to Make:
- Take a pairing knife and slice open the dates lengthwise. Be careful not to slice all the way through (If you do by accident, you can still stick the side together using the goat cheese). They are not supposed to have any pits, but you never know. Be careful to look for and remove any as you slice them open.
- Take your goat cheese log and slice into rounds, then cut the rounds into strips.
- Take a strip or two of the goat cheese and stuff into each date.
- Place a candied pecan on top.
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
Ellis said he hasn’t had a date in years lol! He was referring to the fruit, but you can imagine the laughs we got out of his very confident statement! We’d love to see your pics with your family making and enjoying these stuffed dates. You can share them on Ellis and Tyler’s Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com