This week’s Quick Family Recipe is another super easy one. It’s basically a sauce that makes a bazillion recipes again.
I call them taco stuffed peppers, but the base is more like a taco sloppy joe! You can really do so much with it…here are a few ideas you can make with it:
- Stuffed Peppers
- Soft or Hard Tacos
- Sloppy Joes on Buns
The possibilities are really endless. The fun part is this is another make-ahead recipe that you can have prepped and ready in your freezer. On the day you want to use it, throw it in the crockpot frozen and let it simmer on low all day. When you get home it will be ready for you to make whatever you want to make!
Let’s get cooking together…
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 2 Taco Seasoning Packets
- 1 Small Can Black Olives
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Large Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Package of Your Favorite Shredded Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Shredded Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, Avocado, Salsa, Sour Cream, Onions, Cilantro and Any Other Taco Toppings
How to Make:
Taco Sauce –
- Brown hamburger meat over stovetop. I usually brown 3 lbs. at a time and freeze two pounds so that I already have it ready for future recipes!
- Add 1 taco seasoning packet and use instructions on back of packet to add water.
- Add black olives, black beans, and crushed tomatoes and stir together.
- Add 1 taco seasoning packet, but no extra water. Stir to combine.
- At this point, you can store the sauce in an airtight container and place in fridge or freezer until ready to use.
Taco Stuffed Peppers –
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and cut tops off peppers, then cut in half removing seeds.
- Place in baking dish and stuff each pepper with taco sauce.
- Sprinkle your favorite shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to bubble and brown (May need up to 45 minutes if you grabbed the sauce from the fridge)!
- Serve hot and set up a taco bar with your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy! 🙂
I’m always looking for ways to make recipes low carb for Ellis and me, and I know Tyler always loves recipes like this that give you so many choices. You can go as healthy or as unhealthy with this recipe as you like! We always love to hear from you! Let us know if you’re making the recipes and share your pictures on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com