Schedules are about to get crazy, ya’ll. 🙂 It’s back to school time, so that means getting everyone early and trying to get back into the routine.This week’s Quick Family Recipe is one of Tyler’s favorites…a crockpot recipe! So, why not let the kids make dinner for you while you are running around getting breakfast together. It’s literally just dump everything and go! And that’s why Tyler loves her crockpot so much…so super easy!
Let’s get started!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks, reserve the juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice from canned pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon table garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes
How to Make:
- Add chicken to the crockpot…I use frozen chicken and it works great for this recipe.
- Add pineapple chunks without the juice to the crockpot.
- Sidenote: I only had pineapple rings in my pantry, so I took a knife and made my own chunks. 🙂
- In a mixing bowl, add the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, vegetable oil, garlic salt and red pepper flakes and whisk together with a fork.
- Pour your nice homemade salty, sweet teriyaki sauce over your chicken and pineapples in the crockpot.
- Put a lid on it and set it on low to cook all day (7-8 hours).
- Take two forks and shred your meat or remove from crockpot to chop.
- Mix your meat back into your sauce once you cut it up.
- Serve on top of your favorite rice or over a salad.
- Sidenote: I made my rice in the microwave the night before. Just double the amount of water to your rice, add salt and cook in the microwave for 15-20 minutes depending on your microwave (ex: two cups of rice needs 4 cups of water).
We’d love to see your kids making dinner for you. Share your pictures on the Z88.3 Morning Show Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com