Today’s Quick Family Recipe is like chicken enchilada soup…but without the soup. 🙂
This is an easy peasy all in the crockpot kind of recipe.While you are getting ready in the morning and trying to get breakfast on the table…you can get your kids involved in the morning chaos and they can actually make dinner for you before you ever leave the house!
All they have to do is dump a few ingredients in the crockpot…and go!
When you get home, dinner is ready! Here’s how to make it…
- 1 lb Chicken Breast (frozen works, too)
- 1 Can Black Beans (drained)
- 1 Can Corn (drained)
- 1 Cup Salsa (1/2 cup if you use a liquid seasoning below)
- Your favorite Tex mex Seasoning (I love the Frontera liquid season packets that you see in the picture below, but you can also use a fajita seasoning packet)
- Optional: Poblano Pepper Taco Shells, Salad or tortillas and whatever taco toppings you love, like cheese, sour cream, guac, shredded lettuce…whatever you like!
How to Make It:
- Dump chicken, drained black beans, drained corn, salsa and seasoning mix into crockpot.
- Set it on low and let it cook all day! You can also cook on high if you need dinner ready in 4 hours.
- Take two forks and shred your chicken when you get home and mix everything together, so the shredded chicken soaks up all the juices.
- To make the chicken enchilada stuffed poblano peppers like I made, head on over to last week’s recipe to learn how to prep your poblano peppers.
- In an oven safe dish, stuff your poblano peppers or tortilla shells with your crockpot mixture.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake on 400 degrees Fahrenheit until cheese is bubbly. Everything is cooked at this point, so you are just waiting for the cheese to get bubbly and brown. 🙂
- You can serve this with your favorite taco toppings.
If you don’t feel like going through the work of the baking portion, serve with soft tortillas or taco shells along with your favorite toppings and let everyone make their own tacos. Enjoy! 🙂
We’d love to see pictures of your family’s taco night! You can share them on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook Page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com