Summer time means fresh fruit season!!! One of my favorites is peaches. We recently did a road trip to Atlanta and stopped by a peach orchard. I brought home a ton of peaches and then had to figure out how to use them all before they went bad…so cobbler it was! 🙂
This recipe is so easy…like making a Southern dump cake. Take all the ingredients and dump them in a baking dish. The fun part about cobbler is you can use any kind of fruit you want. Blueberry and cherry also make great cobblers.
So let’s get cooking!
- 1 Stick of Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 4 Cups of Fresh Fruit (Peaches, Sliced)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt your stick of butter.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients for the dough.
- Pour in milk and mix together until the mixture becomes a batter.
- Slice four cups of peaches. I leave the skins on, because it makes it easier, but you can also peel them.
- In a pot over the stove, bring fruit, sugar, lime juice and cinnamon to a boil, constantly mixing. The sugar will crate a syrup and your fruit will soften when it is ready.
- In a 9×13 glass baking dish, your going to layer everything. Pour in the stick of melted butter first.
- Next you’ll pour in the batter over the butter.
- Last you’ll pour the fruit over the batter.
- Do not mix together. The coolest thing happens when it bakes…The cobbler dough bakes and rises over the fruit to make the most beautiful cobbler crust you’ve ever seen! 🙂
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy! 🙂
We love to see your family in the kitchen together! Share your cobbler pics with Ellis and Tyler on the Z88.3 Mornings Facebook page.
Z88.3’s Resident Foodie
Originally posted on Carolbake.com