This project was sent in by Z88.3 listener Susan
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut up
1/2 cup mollasses
currants, red hot candies for decorating (optional)
1. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a small bowl until blended.
2. Place sugar in food processor and whirl until very fine. Add butter and whirl until smooth and creamy about 1 minute. Add molasses and egg and whirl until blended. Add flour mixture. Pulse with on-off motion just until dough clumps together.
3. Scrape dough onto sheet of plastic wrap; press together to form a flat disk and wrap. Chill at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets.
5. Roll dough out onto floured surface to 1/8″ thickness. Cut out 5″ angels with cutter (I used a gingerbread boy cookie cutter). Place on prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1″ apart.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool. Eat.
*Note: I did not use a food processor but mixed all ingredients in a blender. First, mixing the sugar then adding the butter and other ingredients as listed.
Find more fun homemade Christmas ideas in our Z88.3 Homemade Christmas Directory!