Z88.3 is one of the most listened to Christian radio stations in Central Florida. We are a non-commercial, non-profit, listener supported station and we strive for excellence in all that we do, to the glory of God. We are looking for gifted people with a calling to do the same.
Orlando’s Z883 radio has a rare opportunity for an experienced Chief Engineer to join our company assisting with the maintenance of broadcast equipment and maintaining the broadcast systems and technologies that help our air talent make great radio.
Job Overview – We are looking for chief engineer who would assist with the maintenance of broadcast equipment, maintaining the broadcast systems, and technologies that help our air talent make great radio. Maintain, repair technical, & electronic equipment at the studios and transmitter. Install, monitor and perform maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antenna systems, meters, control systems, and remote equipment, including accurate record keeping. Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair local computer infrastructure to include local area network, on-air automation system, and office workstations.
• AOIP studio equipment including digital consoles and distribution equipment
• Nautel and GatesAir liquid cooled transmitters
• Knowledge of network technologies LAN/WAN, routers, switches, and TCP/IP, UDP, and local area networking, configuration and troubleshooting of equipment
• Support of broadcast telephone hybrids and recording systems such as VOXPro
• Transmitter sites maintenance including regular visits to sites to check on their health and operational status – ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces
• EAS equipment support, compliance
• Assist in studio, and transmitter site buildouts
• Generator maintenance and operational inspections
• Experience in Windows and Linux based broadcast automation; communicate technical information
• Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance
• Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing and distribution of analog, digital & audio-over-IP protocols, EAS, satellite receivers, studio telephones & broadcast IT systems
• Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 50lbs
• Proficiency in basic electronics theory and principles including Ohms law and the ability to read schematics as well as to use test equipment, i.e. Multi-meters, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and field strength meters in troubleshooting
• Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and repair high-power FM transmitting facilities including troubleshooting down to the component level when practical
• On-call after hours for emergencies or routine maintenance as needed
• Knowledge of: building systems, HVAC, electrical, UPS, telephone systems, protocols, applicable FCC rules, logging/documentation & regulations and standby generators
Preferences: Experience with Rivendell Automation, Axia AoIP, WheatNet, SBE Certification, AS or BS Degree in Electrical or Broadcast Engineering, HVAC certification, plumbing or electrical licenses.
Performs a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance for multiple facilities. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, electrical trades work, carpentry, plumbing, and general facility maintenance. Operates a variety of tools and equipment; and performs related work as required. Conducts routine inspections and maintenance of heating, electrical, mechanical, and air conditioning equipment; identifies and reports more complex maintenance needs to supervisor. Follows safe working practices and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required
- High School Diploma or GED; One year of relevant work experience.
- Any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must possess: strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work, to work around machines, to climb and descend ladders, to operate a variety of tools and equipment, and to operate a motor vehicle; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen and to distinguish colors in wiring, etc.
- Will be assigned an occasional on-call and irregular work schedule, including weekends, early mornings, evenings, and holidays.
Z Ministries, Inc. and Central Florida Educational Foundation, Inc., WPOZ-FM/HD, WMYZ-FM/HD, WHYZ-FM/HD, WDOZ-FM, has established religious faith as a qualification for employment, as permitted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Z Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume along with your “statement of faith” to HR Department email@example.com or mail to:
Z88.3 HR Department, 1065 Rainer Dr., Altamonte Springs, FL 32714-3847.
No phone calls please.