Z88.3 is one of the most listened to Christian radio stations in Central Florida. We are a non-commercial, non-profit, listener supported station and we strive for excellence in all that we do, to the glory of God.
On-Air Personality – Part time
Z88.3 FM (WPOZ) Orlando has a part-time position opening for an experienced (5+ years) live air talent. The successful candidate must have a real relationship with Jesus and live out their faith daily on and off the air. The position requires a unique ability to understand the values of today’s listener and be a great storyteller while having fun.
Duties include live on air weekend shifts and voice tracking for our family of Christian music stations.
If you desire to be a part of a team who consistently seeks growth spiritually with a desire to uphold to biblical principles as well as performing each task professionally, please submit your resume’, aircheck mp3, cover letter and statement of faith emailed to HR@Zradio.org.
The Z88.3 Orlando engineering department seeking candidates with a strong understanding of electronics, electrical design technical equipment and IT systems at the studio and multiple FM/HD transmitter locations.
The Radio Engineer will be responsible for maintenance of equipment, maintaining broadcast systems and all station technical operations within FCC regulations. The successful candidate will be familiar with radio related technologies including, but not limited to, FM transmitter repair and installation, digital and analog audio, EAS equipment and studio equipment maintenance.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in electronic troubleshooting, including hands-on repairs for audio and RF equipment.
- SBE Certification and/or technical school, college diploma in electrical engineering preferred
- Excellent knowledge of basic electronics theory and principles and ability to read schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair high-power FM/HD transmitting facilities.
- Experience with radio studio equipment and operations, audio routing, AES and AoIP protocols, digital audio delivery and automation, EAS, studio telephone and engineering IT systems, and automated content-delivery systems.
- Must be able to work independently and fulfill responsibilities without constant supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electronics at the component level
- Familiarity with working with and maintaining Diesel generators, 3-phase power and power transfer, large UPS systems and distribution.
- Knowledge of Rivendell Automation system and Linux operating systems a plus
- AOIP knowledge is a plus
- Good understanding of IT and Networking 2-way radio / repeater experience and/or valid Amateur Radio license a plus
- Knowledge of current FCC Rules and Regulations
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- Strong proven time management skills including the ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, grasp objects and work in a physically active setting
- Certified tower climber or willing to be certified a plus
- Availability to work various hours / days, including occasional overnights, weekends and holidays when necessary
- Ability to provide 24×7 on-call, on-site service for studio and transmitter locations
Must possess a Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record to drive station vehicles
• Ability to stand, bend, stoop, sit, crawl, walk, twist and turn.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
• Ability to climb a ladder.
Afternoon Radio Show Producer
Our top rated “Z Afternoons with Shadow and Coppelia” show is seeking an experienced live radio producer. The position requires technical savvy as well as a servant’s heart. Speaking Spanish is a plus.
- Contribute to content prep, production, idea generation, and other duties related to the execution of content
- Editing features and interviews using a digital editing program such as Adobe Audition or VoxPro is required
- Must be able to handle pressure situations, various personalities, and a very quick pace
- Must be able to multitask and be very well organized
- Answer phones and edit listener audio content
- Prefer 1-2 years of production experience
- Experience with Rivendell automation systems and radio console is a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
- Proficient with Windows/Microsoft Office/Chrome
- Must be willing to learn additional skills related to producing live shows
- Experience generating and distributing content on websites/social media platforms
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work within a team environment with a shared vision for success
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivator, troubleshooter
- Flexible availability with work hours including weekends, and holidays
Z Ministries, Inc. and Central Florida Educational Foundation, Inc., WPOZ-FM/HD, WMYZ-FM/HD, WHYZ-FM/HD, WDOZ-FM, has established religious faith as a qualification for employment, as permitted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
Z Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a resume along with your “statement of faith” to HR Department email@example.com
No phone calls please.