- Publix store hours are expanding and also discontinuing specially designated shopping hours for customers over 65, first responders and health care workers. Publix stores will now be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily with pharmacy hours returning to normal.
Winn-Dixie announced that all locations will close at 9 p.m. nightly until further notice.
- Fresh Market will be reserving the hours of 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., Monday through Friday exclusively for the needs of the anyone 65 or older and those with disabilities.
Walmart stores and Neighborhood Markets will be open 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. until further notice. Walmart will host an hour-long senior shopping event for customers aged 60 and older every Tuesday, one hour before stores open. Pharmacies and Vision Centers will also be open during that time.
Target will reduce hours and close all stores by 9 p.m. daily. The first hour of shopping each Wednesday will also be reserved to support vulnerable guests, including the elderly and those with underlying health concerns.
Costco stores are implementing special hours exclusively for people 60 years old and older starting next week. The special operating hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-9 a.m. (or 8-10 a.m. depending on location). Contact your local Costco to see what hours they are implementing.
- Whole Foods is adjusting store hours, closing up to two hours early to give team members more time to restock shelves, sanitize stores, and rest. In addition, customers who are 60 and older are invited to shop beginning one hour before the store opens to the general public.
- Dollar General is dedicating their first hour of operations to senior shoppers. All store will also close an hour earlier in order for employees to clean and restock shelves.
Attractions & Theme Parks
- Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World plans to reopen its four theme parks in two phases in July. If approved by Gov. Ron DeSantis, the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom would open on July 11, followed by Epcot and Hollywood Studios on July 15.
- Disney Springs is open. Guests will need to pass a temperature check before being allowed inside. Read more here.
- Universal Orlando will welcome guests back on June 5.
- Select Universal’s CityWalk restaurants and shops are accepting guests but do expect a temperature check and limited parking and hours. Read more here.
- SeaWorld Orlando plans to reopen its three Orlando parks, including Discovery Cove and Aquatica, to the public on June 11.
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort will reopen its doors for the first time in more than two months on Monday, June 1.
- Fun Spot has reopened. It’s operating hours are from noon to 10 p.m. Face masks or coverings must be worn — the park recommends you bring your own. Social distancing is required, and the park is working hard to sanitize rides and other public areas. Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the park.
- All Florida State Parks announced that every state park will open on Monday, May 4.
- Central Florida Zoo: The zoo will operate daily from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with limited capacity. Tickets must be purchased in advance and groups sizes need to be limited to 10 people or fewer. Read more here.
- Brevard Zoo: The Brevard Zoo will reopen Saturday, May 23. All guests must wear masks and plan to bring a credit or debit card since cash won’t be accepted. Read more here.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex: The visitor complex will launched its reopening on May 28. Guests will need to pass a temperature check and wear a mask. The Kennedy Space Center Bus Tour will be closed but all other areas will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Read more here.
- WonderWorks plans to reopen to the public on Friday, May 29. WonderWorks workers will be required to wear face coverings. Visitors will be encouraged — but not required — to wear masks.
- Bok Tower Gardens: The sprawling Lake Wales garden with its famous carillon will open June 1. Guests can begin purchasing timed tickets now. Read more here.
- Dinosaur World: The dino walk and indoor museum are open but all hands-on activities are closed for now. Capacity will be limited inside the park. Read more here.
- Treetop Trek: The Brevard County zipline park will open Saturday, May 23 with reduced hours. Guests will need to purchase a timed-entry ticket in advance and wear a mask when they arrive. Read more here.
- Leu Gardens: Not only has this Audubon Park botanical gardens remained open, it’s also been free for the past few weeks. Guests can walk through the flowers and trees from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Read more here.
- Topgolf Orlando: Topgolf is open with some new changes. Employees will wear masks, gloves and need to pass health screenings. Dividers have been installed between bays and the area will be disinfected after every group. Read more here.
- Wild Florida Drive-Thru Safari Park: Stay in your own vehicle as you drive on a winding path through an expansive pasture filled with deer, bison, water buffalo and more. Book in advance because tickets do sell out. Read more here.
- Madame Tussauds Orlando: Explore wax figures galore at this International Drive attraction. Adult tickets are $20 if you buy online in advance. Read more here.
- Sea Life Aquarium: Located in The Wheelhouse across from Madame Tussauds is the interactive Sea Life Aquarium. Markers will be placed on the floor to help guide guests through the attraction while maintaining social distancing. Read more here.
- ICON Park: The Wheel remains closed but many restaurants are beginning to open, including Yard House, Tapa Toro, Tin Roof and Sugar Factory. Those are in addition to Madame Tussauds and Sea Life, which are also in ICON Park. Read more here.
- ASAP Auto Repair – 90 Willow Ave, Altamonte Springs
- German Excellence – 4150 Forsyth Rd, Winter Park
- Haines Creek Garage – 32416 County Road 473, Leesburg
- Hamptons Auto Service – 2323 South 14th Street, Leesburg
- Magic Tows – 1201 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee
- Pop’s Auto Electric & AC – 4704 S Orange Avenue, Orlando
- Tint World – 2100 N Ronald Reagan Blvd #1008, Longwood
- Velocity Window Tinting – 647 Progress Way, Sanford
- Weld-Rite Company, 815 S Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando
- Brevard County: County officials as of May 1 opened beaches and public parking lots for beaches. Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, Indialantic and Indian Harbour Beach voted to open their beaches to sunbathing while restricting gatherings to no more than five people. Melbourne Beach has reopened to limited use for residents only. But parking in cities remains closed. Cape Canaveral beaches are open for walking, jogging, biking, fishing, surfing and swimming.
- Flagler County: As of April 29, all restrictions of activities on the beach were lifted, but social distancing recommendations remain in effect.
- Volusia County: Beginning on May 2, the all beaches will fully open, with social distancing enforced. Most recently, the beaches were reopened to vehicles.
Childcare & Schools
- Abel Viteri, Financial Professional – 5337 Millenia Lake Blvd, Suite 405, Orlando
- Breske and Breske, Inc – 4447 Edgewater Dr, Orlando
- Diana Craig LLC – 230 Forrest Avenue, Cocoa
- Deborah Parrott CPA PA – 3412 S Saint Lucie Dr, Casselberry
- Nona Wealth Advisors with Ameriprise Financial – 10917 Dylan Loren Circle Ste A, Orlando
- Ogden Wealth, LLC, 157 East New England Ave, Suite 340, Winter Park
- Trust & Fiduciary Service – Eustis
- Adonai Electric LLC, 1616 Curry Ave., Orlando
- All Pro Contracting Services – Casselberry
- Arocho Landscaping – 106 Wilshire Dr, Casselberry
- Automated Mechanical Services Inc – 5980 Club Drive, Groveland
- Better Built Air – 492 Firestone St NE, Palm Bay
- Blackburn Surveying – 642 West Hwy 50, Clermont
- BPW Industrial Power Washing Solutions – 2963 Summer Swan Dr, Orlando
- Clermont Electric – Clermont
- Concept Stone LLC
- Connors Pest & Termite Control Inc – 3625 State Road 419, Ste 290, Winter Springs
- Covenant Cleaning Services – 3601 S. Conway Road, Orlando
- Dan “D” Bugman Pest Control – 801 Oakwood Dr, Melbourne
- Doc Watts Electric – 6984 Venture Circle, Orlando
- Forrest Stump Tree Service – 12374 W Colonial Dr, Winter Garden
- Holly Homes Inc – 4515 Leola Lane, Orlando
- I Shine Professional Cleaning – 156 South Charles Richard Beall Blvd, Ste 5, Debary
- J.I.M.S. Electric LLC, 1550 Garden Ave, Holly Hill
- Kane Interior Design – 19608 Florantine Circle, Clermont
- Kish Builders – 1008 Delridge Ave, Orlando
- LEI Home Enhancements – 5401 S Kirkman Rd, Suite 310, Orlando
- Ludovici Construction – 805 Cura Court, Oakland
- Mills & Nebraska – 2721 Regent St, Orlando
- New Life Water – 1119 Brant Point, Orlando
- Nichols Nursery and Landscape – 15746 State Rd 19, Groveland
- Ogle Irrigation, Inc. – 4150 Fanny Bass Road, Saint Cloud
- Optimum Home Inspections – 2436 Orsota Circle, Ocoee
- Precise Property Inspections Inc – 25952 Fishermans Road, Paisley
- Pool & Spa Services of Central Fla – 8297 Champions Gate Blvd #5007, Champions Gate
- Port A Crete – 1501 Eastern Ave, Saint Cloud
- Pro-Tech Air Conditioning & Plumbing Service, Inc. – 2425 Silver Star Road, Orlando
- Protex Lawn & Pest Control – 1644 Smithfield Way, Oviedo
- Quality Painting Contractors – 4652 Blackmore Ct, Melbourne
- Ringer’s More Than Mulch Landscaping Supplies – Leesburg
- Roar Landscaping – 708 Grape Ave, St. Cloud
- SRA Roofing, LLC – 105 Tralee Ct, Lake Mary
- Trinity Constructors LLC – 105 East Berckman Street, Fruitland Park
- TYL Construction – 1880 W. Granada Blvd, Ormond Beach
- Victory Home Repairs – 609 Kermarah Ave, Haines City
- Wall to Wall Flooring Specialist – 704 West SR 436 #112, Altamonte Springs
- Dahl Family Law Group – 1001 East Avenue, Clermont
- Emily’s Bail Bonds – 2724 S Orlando Dr, Sanford
- JAG Financial Services – 1329 Bedford Drive, Ste. 2, Melbourne
- Kelley Law Group, P.A. – Winter Garden
- The Law Offices of Miguel A. Figueroa, P.A. – 28 Broadway, Ste. 206, Kissimmee
- Rhodes Law, P.A. – 1751 Sarno Road, Suite 2, Melbourne
- Auto Injuries of Greater Orlando – 1160 South Semoran Blvd Suite C, Orlando
- beBelieve Birth and Doula Services – Orlando
- Carlisle Chiropractic Center – 152 N Harbor City Blvd Suite 100, Melbourne
- Central Florida Primary Care – 3727 N Goldenrod Road, Suite 106, Winter Park
- Clear View Optix – 8481 SE 165th Mulberry Lane, The Villages
- Clermont Internal Medicine – 290 Citrus Tower Blvd, Clermont
- Empowered Health Coaching, 3415 W. Lake Mary Blvd, #951693, Lake Mary
- Granny Nannies – 1150 W Minneola Ave, Clermont
- Lactation Consultants of Central – 1300 Golf Point Loop, Apopka
- Palm Coast Sports Medicine and Rehab Center – Palm Coast
- Provident Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center – 801 Marshall Farms Rd, Ocoee
- The A Team of Charles Ruttenburg Realty – 131 E New York Ave Suite 201, Deland
- An Owners Dream Management – 600 N. Thacker, Suite B9, Kissimmee
- Blessings of Home Realty – 427 N. Magnolia Avenue, Suite M113, Orlando
- Carol V Baker, PA – 8801 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Suite 209, Kissimmee
- DeNike Realty & Property Management – 1123 Florida Avenue, Saint Cloud
- Island Pace Realty – 1220 Prospect Ave, Suite 203, Melbourne
- Henin Realty | Peggy Irby – 660 Riviera Bella Dr, DeBary
- Keller Williams Advantage II Realty – 12301 Lake Underhill Rd, Suite 111, Orlando
- Kristina Burns | Realtor – 3742 Avalon Park East Boulevard, Orlando
- Morgan Property Solutions – 5025 S Orange Ave, Suite 101, Orlando
- Nataliya Vooshylo | Realtor – Orlando, 407-284-7247
- Olympus Executive Realty Inc | Jorge Mulet Sr PA – 485 Kestrel Dr, Groveland
- Patricia Fairhurst Keller Williams Advantage – 59 Alafaya Woods Blvd, Oviedo
- Premier Properties
- Prominence Title, 605 E. Robinson Street, Suite #450, Orlando
- RE/MAX Agent, Theresa Friend – 6022 Farcenda Place, Suite 101, Melbourne
- Remax Solutions on the Space Coast – 2235 N Courtenay Parkway, Merritt Island
- Tammy Canatsey Realtor @ Young Real Estate, 423 Glen Abbey Lane, DeBary
- Alleviary – 501 N Orlando Ave Ste 313-421, Winter Park
- Anderson’s Ace Hardware – 1656 Providence Blvd, Deltona
- Florida Rodeo Inc – 360 S. Lakeview Drive, Ste 1, Lake Helen
- Long & Scott Farms | Scott’s Country Market – 26216 County Road 448A, Mount Dora
- Scenic Earth Studios – Mount Dora
- Silver Bay Coin and Bullion – 4980 N Wickham Rd, Ste 105, Melbourne
- Travel Country Outfitter – 1101 East Altamonte Drive, Altamonte Springs
- Walk on Water – 1140 TownPark Ave, Ste 1250, Lake Mary
Transportation and Travel
- Orlando International Airport is open and operating. Passengers are encouraged to check with their airline for the latest travel and flight advisories.
- Orlando Sanford International Airport is open and operating. While some international flights have been impacted, they encourage all passengers who have questions related to upcoming flights to contact their airline directly.
- All E-PASS & SunPass Cash Lanes are closed on all expressways. Travelers must use Express Lanes and will be charged “Pay-by-Plate” at no extra charge.
- A modified Lynx Bus schedule goes into effect Monday, March 30 and is available here.
- A modified SunRail schedule goes into effect Tuesday, March 31 and is available here.
- Delta Air Lines will cut passenger-carrying capacity by 40%.